Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Slight Interruption

Good evening--or in my case, good morning. It's 3:00 in Bangalore, and I'm typing that sentence way too often. As it turned out, being awake in the middle of the night was perfet for what I needed to do.

I've lost some work time and haven't posted to my blog in a while because of computer issues, namely that my computer couldn't find the Internet. Maybe it was jet lag--the rest of us certainly had it--or possibly revenge for having to make the trip to India stuffed inside a suitcase. Yes, I'm kidding.

At 2:30 this morning I realized that the most likely culprit was an altered internet protocol address. Well, let's be honest; Sally had figured it out earlier. The story of how it happened would bore you, but the beauty of it all was the time difference between Bangalore and Cincinnati.

As soon as I realized what time it was, I also realized that our Help Desk would be open in Mason, Ohio. It was 5:00 p.m. there. So I got out my Blackberry with its newly added international calling capabilities and dialed in.

Tom, who's my newest hero, walked me through the process of restoring my IP settings in just a few minutes, and I was back on! I've missed having this connection with all of you. Thanks for the nice notes you've posted. I'll get back on track.

In the meantime, it's time for sleep if sleep will come.

No comments: